Message Boards

1092a - no discrete sub input!

nebos, modified 10 Years ago.

1092a - no discrete sub input!

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 2/12/11 Recent Posts
I just bought a 1092a sub used from ebay and downloaded the manual. The manual indicates that there should be a discrete subwoofer signal input (for the '.1' from a discrete surround processor ouput), but this particular unit doesn't even have a space for that XLR connector! Anyone else have this? Was it an early model do you think? The serial number is: 092a000629.

-Ben
ilkka-rissanen, modified 10 Years ago.

Re: 1092a - no discrete sub input!

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Ben,

Yes, it seems to be a very early unit. 1092As having smaller than #2000 serial number have only 3.0 inputs/outputs.

Is there a modification available for this? Does the circuit board have the electronics necessary already? What do I do if I want to hook it up to my surround processor that has a discrete sub (.1) output?

oh, forgot to say thanks for your prompt reply before!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 10 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Is there a modification available for this? Does the circuit board have the electronics necessary already? What do I do if I want to hook it up to my surround processor that has a discrete sub (.1) output?

Unfortunately there is no modification available. But actually it doesn't make much difference because you can tell your surround processor that you don't have a subwoofer in the system, which will cause the processor to route the LFE channel to the main channels which are routed through the subwoofer. So the LFE will be mainly (<85 Hz) produced by the subwoofer, just as it should be.