Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Power supply and adapters

mrinsatiable, modified 12 Years ago.

Power supply and adapters

Padawan Posts: 30 Join Date: 12/9/09 Recent Posts
I live in the United States but see many 2nd hand Genelecs available in Europe and other countries. Can I simply buy a universal wall plug adapter and use this with the power cord? Must i have the Internal components switched out to the appropriate region, In this case 115v?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: Power supply and adapters

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
No, you can't just use an universal wall plug adapter because the transformer inside the speaker is specified for each voltage level. So you can't use a 230V model in 115V country and vice versa.