Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

New home theater

gemdale, modified 12 Years ago.

New home theater

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/28/10 Recent Posts
This might be often asked question is this forum, just lazy to finf related topic.
I am going finally rearrange my home theater, and i would like to have Genelec loudspeakers on it.
system will be 5.1, what Geneleg loudspeakers you recommed for that use. Room size is 4 * 6 m.
I do not want use spekers only for home theater, also for listen a music.

Like you can quess, i am totally beginner with Genelec, but still.
One more thing, currently i live in Beijing China, where i can buy these loudspeakers in Beijing?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: New home theater

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Welcome to our forum and thank you for your question!

Basically all of our speakers can be fitted to a 4 * 6 m room, it's just a matter of performance requirements wanted, how big you need to go. :)

Can you give me a little bit more information about the home theater you are building:

-is it a dedicated theater room?
-neighbours next to a wall or further away?
-acoustically treated?
-what is the status of the room at the moment, meaning can in-wall or flush mounted speakers still be fitted?
-what's your preference for the speaker type: free standing on a stand, in-wall, on-wall, flush mounted?
-have you checked our online catalogue for speakers that please you visually and size wise?
-budget?

You should contact our distributor in Bejing, please find their contact information here: http://www.genelec.com/sales-network/?c ... &area=asia