Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8050 dip switches positions

uti1, modified 11 Years ago.

8050 dip switches positions

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 8/2/10 Recent Posts
Hi!

I own a pair 8050`s! Is it recommendable to set the dip switches in different position of each speaker! I mean bass roll off and bass tilt switces. My speakers are located so that the left one is closer to wall (70 cm) and corner (100 cm) than right one (250 vm)! Both are about 90 cm from the front wall (behind the speakers)! I dont have any other positioning possibilities to my 8050`s!

Uti1
ilkka-rissanen, modified 11 Years ago.

Re: 8050 dip switches positions

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Yes it's perfectly fine to set the dip switches in different position for each speaker if the speakers are positioned differently like yours. Most probably the left speaker needs more bass roll-off and/or bass tilt than the right one. For best possible result you should always measure the frequency response of the speakers and set the dip switches according to those measurements. Without accurate measurements it is almost like taking a stab in the dark.
uti1, modified 11 Years ago.

Re: 8050 dip switches positions

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 8/2/10 Recent Posts
Thank`s Ilkka! How can I get(buy) that kind of service?

Uti1