Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

covers for 1038s

necromunger, modified 12 Years ago.

covers for 1038s

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 5/4/09 Recent Posts
is there any reason that these cost so much to buy as they only do 1 thing and that is cover the speakers.

ive had a quote of £318 per pair which i think is a bit steep for what they are.

or are the frames made of carbon fiber and tested in a wind tunnel.
necromunger, modified 11 Years ago.

Re: covers for 1038s

so i take it no one from genelec is willing to answer my question as to why 2 bits of plastic covered with speaker cloth costs so much money. :cry:

i mean i could have the frames made of hard wood and covered in what ever color cloth i want for 60 quid each custom made. :lol:
solo, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 5/22/09 Recent Posts
Dear Necromunger,
I am sorry to hear that you find our speaker grilles to expensive. You would like to know why they are expensive, as well. Contrary to your diy approach we run a business with several tiers from ready made product to sales to the end user. Each tier needs to earn a living like we all do. This is pretty much the way the world works.
Kind regards
Lars-Olof Janflod
International sales manager.
necromunger, modified 11 Years ago.

well if i thought they were worth the money id buy some but there not.

id rather have the ones i can have made buy a carpenter of 20 years that also runs his own business as there better made will last longer and be alot stronger made of hard wood and there cheaper than the ones you sell and he is still making money.
he is just charging a fair price for what is 4 bits of wood and some speaker cloth and his time.
chab, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 12/18/10 Recent Posts
:D:DYeah I think its not worth buying it..I've a one I made myself:D