Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

1094a sub

mrinsatiable, modified 12 Years ago.

1094a sub

Padawan Posts: 30 Join Date: 12/9/09 Recent Posts
Sorry for reposting...but didn't know which thread to post this in.

How can I use (2) 1094a's in a 5.1 system for home theater without using a mixer or any other software?

I want to purchase two individual 1094a's and use them in my Home theater setup. Since this is an older model can i daisy chain the subwoofers? I will have a meridian audio processor, and (5) genelec monitors. Three in front and two in back. Since i'm not using for professional recording or mixing equipment can this be done?

thanks,
Doug
ilkka-rissanen, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: 1094a sub

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Doug,

The correct wiring scheme can be found from the 1094A operating manual, page 7, figures 11 and 12 (depending whether you would like to use stereo or mono subwoofers). Additionally you need to connect the subwoofer output of the Meridian processor to both subwoofers sub inputs. Surround channels should be routed directly to speakers as the 1094A has bass management for three channels.

Speaker settings in the Meridian processor should be as follows:

Left and right main - Large
Center - Large
Left and right surround - Small with 85 Hz or 80 Hz crossover
Subwoofer - ON
mrinsatiable, modified 12 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 30 Join Date: 12/9/09 Recent Posts
Thanks for the accurate reply. Both diagrams show that the center signal needs to be split in two directions (right center and left center). Does this mean i need to find a xlr cable that splits the center signals? Are there adapters that are available for this?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 12 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Yes, you need Y adapters - from one female to two males.

http://www.computercablestore.com/XLR_X ... D1566.aspx