Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

AD9200 dynamic range

tesla, modified 12 Years ago.

AD9200 dynamic range

Youngling Posts: 16 Join Date: 11/18/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

I currently own a pair of 8250's and would like to add a 7260 subwoofer. My monitoring situation requires that I use an analog signal and would therefore need to purchase the AD9200. My question is... the dynamic range of the A to D converter inside the 8250's is 122 dB (information is from the manual) where as the AD9200 has a dynamic range of 110 dB. Why wouldn't Genelec use the same converter with the same specks? Will this be a downgrade in quality?

Thanks

Re: AD9200 dynamic range

anyone???

I ordered the 7270 today....

still waiting for a response before I get the 9200.
christophe-anet, modified 12 Years ago.

Jedi Knight Posts: 188 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Thanks for your question. The dynamic range of the AD9200 and the analog input on the DSP loudspeakers are different because the technology used in the AD9200 is different from the technology inside the DSP loudspeaker AD converter.

The AD9200 will produce optimal results when the input level into AD9200 is driven sufficiently and the volume fader in GLM is set to about -10 to -15 dB.

Best regards

thank you.