Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Optimal height of 8240s?

dumbo, modified 12 Years ago.

Optimal height of 8240s?

Padawan Posts: 78 Join Date: 12/20/09 Recent Posts
I know this is a silly question on the surface but I ask it because I haven't take delivery of 8240s yet and am trying to line up some stands. Ones I have my eye on put the tweater slightly above the level of my ears (6-8") while another (less desirable because it uses 4 spikes instead of 3) puts my ears at the same level of the tweeter. I can't find and placement guidelines on height.
christophe-anet, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: Optimal height of 8240s?

Jedi Knight Posts: 188 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

The optimal listening takes place along the acoustical axis of the loudspeaker, in both the vertical and horizontal plane. Our following Acoustic Axis document shows the precise location of the acoustic axis for each Genelec model. http://www.genelec.com/documents/other/acousticaxis.pdf

As you can see the axis is located between the two drivers in the vertical place. Note also that the GLM software features a Vertical Axis Trim function for our 2-way DSP systems which allows you to adjust vertically the axis in the DSP/electronic domain to make sure you have the best possible alignment with this axis.

Further infos can be found in the DSP System Manual under: http://www.genelec.com/documents/opmans ... Manual.pdf

Best regards,