Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

custom installation and home theatre

dafei, modified 13 Years ago.

custom installation and home theatre

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 5/6/09 Recent Posts
We design home theatre and room acoustic business,is anyone there to discuss this article?
Welcome discussing ;)
andreas, modified 13 Years ago.

Re: custom installation and home theatre

Padawan Posts: 61 Join Date: 4/8/09 Recent Posts
I think there are enough HT fans around for discussions, any special topic you had in mind ? Or do you mean just the aspect of "designing" a customer theater, the look, the feel, like chairs, colors and deco of walls, etc. ?

How much do you charge to your consumer for a design of a HT,how you charge for this?
may you please give some website with more knowledge of the room acoustic and beautiful samples?

regards
:)
andreas, modified 13 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 61 Join Date: 4/8/09 Recent Posts
Hi Dafei, that is actually a topic where I cannot help you, as I do not design HTs. I would expect hat even in here no installer will give pricing, but you never know. I would assume you will get more feed-back on such price topics at http://www.avsforum.com. There you find some very well acknowledged custom installers.
dupe, modified 13 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 5/8/09 Recent Posts
You mean like this:

This is a cinema I designed in Birmingham (UK), a lot of acoustic foam went into this (behind the black cloth) to address the low modal density caused by the sloping walls. It still is one of the best sounding cinemas I have done and I have just upgraded it to Blu-ray (Denon 3800) which is a fantastic player.

If you have any specific questions fire away....

Dupe...

PS. Its all Genelec, HT208s across the front with AIW25s at the rear.

beautiful cinema.
I do cinema design in China
I will post some pictures here.
Thanks for sharing

Regards