Message Boards

7271A sub remote pin out

popdv, modified 4 Years ago.

7271A sub remote pin out

Padawan Posts: 32 Join Date: 6/26/11 Recent Posts

1. As I understood the 7271A don't have ISS power saving function.

So is it possible to remotly power off or standby 7271 through Remote connector. 

Please provide pinout of this connector

2. I'm using 7271A with new 8351A so as I read in "genelec_bass_management_-_centralized_vs_distributed_-_application_note_-_april_2016" manual we should use passthrough mode in sub when pairing with new series of monitor, that 8351 will recieve full bandwide singnal (8351 will use self low pass filter). In this case coonection chain of speakers doesn't metter? So I can connect like this Audio card AES >>Left 8351>>Sub 7271>>Right 8351. Is it ok?

ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: 7271A sub remote pin out

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

Hi,

1. You are correct, 7271 does not have ISS function. The Genelec 7000-416 remote has two functions: subwoofer bypass and LFE +10 dB, there is no power off or standby functions.

2. Assuming you have updated the firmware of your 8351 monitors to support distributed bass management, you can connect them quite freely, but due to digital delay caused by the subwoofer, it should be connected before or after both monitors, not in between them.

Ilkka Rissanen:

Hi,

1. You are correct, 7271 does not have ISS function. The Genelec 7000-416 remote has two functions: subwoofer bypass and LFE +10 dB, there is no power off or standby functions.

2. Assuming you have updated the firmware of your 8351 monitors to support distributed bass management, you can connect them quite freely, but due to digital delay caused by the subwoofer, it should be connected before or after both monitors, not in between them.

thank you Ilkka for answer and warning about chain of digital signal. Yes I updated my 8351 but the Sub was connected between two 8351! And I think I have some delay issue that I didnt hear before adding Sub. So will rewire my monitors aftre Sub (I have LFE channel also conncted to Sub) and for power saving will add central relay to power off all monitor when not using for a long time

Ilkka Rissanen:

So is the first monitors and then Sub is better wiring configuration compare to sub and then monitors. I'm warry because of delay issue that Sub add to signal

ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

Hi,

There is basically no difference between those two options, the added delay is only some tens on samples, you won't notice the difference.