Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM 2.2.0 software

uli21, modified 5 Years ago.

GLM 2.2.0 software

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 6/24/17 Recent Posts

Hi,

could it be that GLM 2.2.0 software version is somehow a bit unstable?

Currently I run 2x 8260 and 2x 8330. I updated all devices to current firmware. All speakers run with digital input signal.

Somtimes I observe the 8330 "get lost" (speaker icons in GLM change to gray). Once I observed that my Genelec volume knob only controlled one of my 8260, the other one played back with constant volume. Restart of GLM software did help.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ulrich

ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: GLM 2.2.0 software

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

Hi Ulrich,

There are no known stability issues with the GLM 2.2.0. That kind of behaviour could be related to USB signal problems between the computer and the network device or network signal problem with the monitors and the network device. Please make sure you are not using an USB hub but the network device is connected directly to the computer. Also please check all network cable connections and cables. You may have a faulty cable.

uli21, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: GLM 2.2.0 software

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 6/24/17 Recent Posts

Once more I experienced strange things with GLM 2.2.0 and 8330:

I did some location recording, and everything went fine with 8330, digital input, 96K, and dedicated control laptop and GLM system. Then we moved to a different location, and the exactly same setup refused to work with digital input. Only on power on I could hear digital input signal for one second, then the automatic input choice switched to analogue, don't know why...

In that situation, at least for trouble shooting, I really miss some more information in GLM software on the input signal: What kind of input signal is detected? GLM software is only able to indicate "analogue" or "digital", but does not show status of digital input signal (e.g. sample rate, 96K mode, AES channel used, etc.)

So I failed to figure out the problem and switched to analogue inputs, which finally worked well as a workaround.

One more thing: On my multi display setup at home, GLM software doesn't remember the screen position where it had been used before. Would be nice to get this feature.

Thanks for listening...

Regards, Ulrich