Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Headphones Studio

dixita, modified 5 Years ago.

Headphones Studio

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 4/4/17 Recent Posts

Hello all,

Im looking to get a new pair of headphones. But I need to know a pair I can use for tracking , mixing, and mastering. Under $200. Comfortable for wearing for hours, and no frills, I just want to hear the music how it is, no coloring to make listening to music more enjoyable.

I switch between headphones and monitors when mixing, and my main focus on a new pair of headphones is to get a pair that help me get my mix just right.

I need suggestion.. Any suggestions?

Regards

Dixita Patel

soundwave, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: Headphones Studio

Youngling Posts: 12 Join Date: 7/17/17 Recent Posts
Senneheiser HD600 without a doubt. True classics. You can get used ones under 200€/$.
daiyama, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: Headphones Studio

Padawan Posts: 73 Join Date: 1/4/16 Recent Posts

I agree to this suggestion.

I own them too. Very good comparable to Genelec monitors because they are quite linear in frequency response but for very  long listening session probably a bit tight.